Group Fitness Instructor Certification
The National Fitness Professionals Associations Group Fitness or Aerobic Instructor Certifications are designed for individuals who want to teach any form of exercise in a group setting. Aerobic or Group Fitness Instruction is much more inclusive than just hi-low and step classes. Group Fitness classes have become a broad and encompassing field for fitness professionals. The NFPA Group Fitness Certification three day workshop will give you the skills and education you need to begin working in this expanding and ever changing industry.
Upon successful completion of the Group Fitness Instructor Certification you will learn techniques in choreography, class development, teaching skills, as well as exercise science, kinesiology, and sports nutrition. You will develop the skills in designing and implementing exercise programs for all fitness levels, while learning the communication skills, leadership and motivational instruction needed to be a successful Aerobic Instructor.
The NFPA Group Fitness Certification is a comprehensive three-day workshop and test that will give you the skills and the education you need to be recognized as a competent professional in the fitness industry.
$279 - NFPA Group Fitness Instructor Certification Curriculum Includes:
- Exercise Science
- Class Development
- Cardiovascular Training
- Special Populations
- Injury Prevention
- Medical Disorders and Emergency Procedures
- Sports Nutrition
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must hold a current adult CPR card.
- You may sit through the seminar and exam; but, you will not receive any testing results until you provide proof of current CPR/AED information.
- CPR/AED certification must include live skills component.
NFPA Group Fitness Instructor Certification Seminar Includes:
- Three Day Lecture & Lab
- Hands-on training applications
- Group Fitness Manual
- Test Review
- Q & A sessions with our Fitness Experts
Proctored Testing: Testing is both written and practical.
- Written Examination
- Muscle Specificity (practical)
- Class Development (practical)